Thursday, August 24, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Color Blocking with Deepti!


Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I have something really bright and yummy for all of you :) When I saw the newest stamp club set Sweet Cravings, all that came to my head was something colorful. So here I am sharing my vision. I had so much fun with color blocking technique, the inking and masking is so much fun and once you have all the colors in place you really don't have to do much :)

Here's the look...




Step 1
I cut out three panels of white card stock. and drew the lines, starting out with the simplest... horizontal lines, then a grid and then incorporating some triangles. I used a grid paper as my guideline.






Step 2
I then masked and inked the panels in various combinations of inks. The colors selection was based on some fashion outfits I saw online :)







Step 3
I stamped the Popsicle and die cut those. Initially I was not planning to color them so I picked Versafine ink for stamping but then it wasn't looking as good as I imagined. So I decided to color them by adding one Popsicle in the panels that had 4 shades and 2 Popsicle in the three shade panel. I wanted the total number of colors to be 5 on each panel. There is something about odd numbers :D Also I had to be really careful while coloring as Versafine ink bleeds with markers :)




Step 4
In my next step I stamped the Popsicle sentiment stamp white on black and cut those out and finally assembled it all together :) and stamped the rest of the sentiment on each panel.




Here is a closeup of each of the cards :)






I have used Sweet Cravings and Sweet Cravings Dies



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

12 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)